Mission Statement

"Go into yourself. Search for the reason that bids you write; find out whether it is spreading out its roots in the deepest places of your heart, acknowledge to yourself whether you would have to die if it were denied you to write."

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Never Love

Broken down from your hard looks
And uncaring affection,
Took my happy and left
A girl stripped of innocence and  worth.
Your hugs were tight but lacked warmth,
Never true, you only loved you.
You swatted me away,
My love an unwanted pest.


I lost myself in you,
To your hate and paranoia.
Eggshells and broken glass
Was the floor beneath my feet.
Tears and pain I shed
With you listening on the other line.
Never once did you better it.
Never once did you see me.


Wasted smiles and kisses
On a man who cannot feel.
I was a fool to ever see beyond it.
To see who you might be
Instead of the cruel monster
All warned about.
I see you and all you are
Never again will you be a prince and savior


I hate you, for all you did,
For the lies, the cold looks, the screams you inflected.
The frustration you took out on me
Because no one else cared.
I hate you for the girl you left behind,
The girl unable to trust, to love, to open up.


I am stronger without you
Never looking back to the past.


I wish you well
That you find peace and happiness within yourself.
One day I will forgive you,
But not today,
Never today.
Free from your hold at last
Moving to the future
Only hoping for love.

True Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment