Mission Statement

"Go into yourself. Search for the reason that bids you write; find out whether it is spreading out its roots in the deepest places of your heart, acknowledge to yourself whether you would have to die if it were denied you to write."

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

100th Post

When I opened my blogger page this morning, I came to the stark realization that my next post would be my 100th. I had one of those "WOW! Holy Shit!" moments because I definitely did not realize this would my 100th, which yes is a pretty big deal. I started reading through some of my previous blogs, which made me semi-sentimental, laugh a bit at my stupidity and pretty proud. Proud because I mainly started this blog as an outlet for my writer's frustration and my angst towards life in general. But, in the process it has become something quite different.

For me at least.

I've found this whole other writing world that has really helped me through some pretty hard shit. Yes, I admit most of my blogs have to do with my dating life because that was important in my life. But there are also some great original stories and funny little life-isodes that I think many can relate to. I also feel like I have a genuine voice--like my writing is honest and direct. Not flowery or overly dramatic--unless I am purposely trying to be, of course. I am 100% myself on this blog because I have no censorship or have to worry about pissing anyone off. This is truly my own little safe-haven. One that I have come to cherish.

Now I know you must be thinking that I should write something epic because it's my 100th. That I have this whole plan and synopsis in my head, that will truly blow your mind and change your life forever.

Honestly, I don't.

It's currently 8:40 am on the Wednesday after Irish Weekend and I am still trying to recover from binge drinking for the last 4 days. Yes, there are a great many stories from the last weekend that I could divulge, but I am choosing not to. Maybe in a week or two I will, but right now I just don't have the energy or head-space to think something out.

I just wanted to thank this blog, honestly. It has helped me through a lot of tough moments, especially over the last few months. And I'm sure it will do the same over the next few years. It's helped me grow in a lot of ways and really take a look at what I hold most dear and how I should change things. I truly believe I am a different person now. Different things are more important and I appreciate things in a different way.

I've changed.

I know I'm rambling and I doubt any of this is cohesive or makes any sense, but I'm not going to reread and edit like I usually do. This is it.

This is my 100th blog.

Not what anyone would expect, or even myself. But I don't give a fuck.

This is me.



No comments:

Post a Comment