Mission Statement

"Go into yourself. Search for the reason that bids you write; find out whether it is spreading out its roots in the deepest places of your heart, acknowledge to yourself whether you would have to die if it were denied you to write."

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Here we go again...

A lot has happened in the last two weeks. Like a lot. Especially since this summer has completely dragged for me. Don't get me wrong, unemployment had its perks--sleeping in, being able to do whatever I wanted everyday, saved some money etc.--but after awhile it got really old. There's only so many things you can do to entertain yourself while all your friends/family are hard at work. Boredom killed me and I don't do well with bored.

Anyway, things were getting pretty boring and then BAM! I got slammed with a million things. After 6 unsuccessful interviews, I finally landed a full time job. YES! THANK YOU JESUS! I started this week and......okay it's not great. Sorry if you're looking for someone to piss roses you better move on to another blog. No matter what I do, I always seem to find something wrong with it. The benefits suck, the vacation/holiday time suck, the work is demeaning and really really boring. The people are really nice though, so that's a plus especially considering my last work experience. And I guess I'm the hot piece in town because every male employee has made sure to stop by my desk and introduce himself. I'm not even kidding you, my manager went out of her way to introduce one of these guys to me. I guess that's a compliment?

This job is NOT where I want to be for an extended period of time. My goal for the moment is to make it to Christmas, after that who knows.

On another professional level, I have decided and am in talks with Amazon to publish my first novel. It's a very big decision and one that I have been grappling with for a few months. It's a self-publishing option where I have to put money out upfront. But it's an investment I can and am willing to make. If you know anything about my project you know it is extremely near and dear to me--it's my grandfather's WWII memoirs. I really really want and need him to be able to see it while he is still with us--he will be 90 in November. I've been beating the traditional publishing market to death and it's just not possible to get a publisher to even look at your manuscript these days--and if you want to argue with me, please feel free. I'd be happy to send you a copy of the zillion queries I have sent out in the last 3 years. Hopefully, you will all see my book on shelves/on your computer screen come December and I will have an awesome Christmas present for my Pop this year ;)

So lots going on. Sorry this entry is short and if it makes very little sense, I apologize. My mind is going in a million directions at the moment! Something more creative next time, I promise!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the job... I didn't even know. And best of luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete