Mission Statement

"Go into yourself. Search for the reason that bids you write; find out whether it is spreading out its roots in the deepest places of your heart, acknowledge to yourself whether you would have to die if it were denied you to write."

Monday, February 6, 2012

KP

Put to rest for all eternity
But still fresh in my mind
Are the moments we shared
From that summer long past.
Flashbacks of lust and desire
Mar the sadness I should feel.

Rolling in the grass beneath a starlit sky,
Whispering dreams about a future so far away.
Driving to the City during a lightening storm,
You reaching for my hand and taking my heart.
Tracing your chest tattoos with my fingertips,
Wondering if I'd ever know their secrets.

A few weeks of bliss, such a short time.
Seems like a thousand years ago that
I held your gaze and felt that prick of longing.
I loved you then but dared not say.
Time would make things right
But life got in the way.


Rest in peace for always, my love.
Live forever in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment